Monday, March 16, 2009

Kids will be kids

I love photographing children! I know parents must think the photo shoots are a nightmare for me when their kid isn't "cooperating." But the beauty of photographing children is capturing them as they are! I don't mind when a child goofs off a little bit...so long as they don't crash into my equipment, of course.

Kids will be kids. I just take what they give me. To me this is a priceless opportunity to capture their real smiles, real giggles, and yes sometimes real tears. My wife is a great assistant. She loves to play with the kids during the shoot, providing well-timed distractions, allowing me to keep my eye to the view finder. We're a really great team.













Sometimes we go through a few of these...










before we get to some of these...




No comments: